Friday, October 9, 2009

Deadlines

Definition: Days I dread because I have to have something on that day to show for an effort spread out over a given period of time.

In the span of the next two weeks, I've had deadlines shoved in my face from a thick wad of census papers and evaluation forms, case reports, my first medical grand rounds, journal appraisals, and presentations for each one. I've driven myself crazy, sleepless over the past few days just to keep up.

I've caught a few breaks along the way -- a cancellation, being assigned to the Outpatient Department (though ER assist isn't really an easy rotation) and of course Tonette.

But all through the muck, I realized that it has almost been one full year of internal medicine residency under my belt.

And hopefully, hopefully, I'll move up a year level come November 1.

That's one deadline I welcome.

1 comment:

Ligaya said...

wheeee...... i'm so excited and i can't even say why............ wheee................. wink wink