Friday, December 11, 2009

Bits and pieces

Christmas time is here...
Happiness and cheer.
Fun for all
What children call
Their fav'rite time of year...

*********************************************

Forgive me for there is a lot of angst in this post

*********************************************

It just hurts when people disappoint you. Just when you think, you have people around you who have the same direction, the same set of ideals and the same purpose, they go around and do otherwise.

Just when you're ready to prove all the speculation, skepticism and the negative pub about your group, they just go and prove all the critics' points.

Prove yourselves.

You're there for reasons, which right now escape my understanding (maybe I'm just a little disappointed and mad right now, but I'm sure you guys are all more than capable of thinking, and willing yourselves to make something out of your abilities).

And when that happens, I'll be as proud to be a friend as I am when I'm defending you.

I don't claim to be perfect, but let's just say that a fair share of the blows I take during evaluations are blows meant for other people, and it hurts a bit when you get blamed for the actions of others.

*********************************************

Wants and needs are set apart this Christmas.

I wish I could get my hands on the money to buy a new piano/keyboard, but some stuff you just don't need. Maybe I'll get to buy my own grand piano someday, but for now, maybe I'll just save it up for something else.

*********************************************

There are times when the Philippine culture/nation/government/people disappoints me. Enough to make me say I belong to a stupid race (yup, that's how depressing we get sometimes).

Maguindanao is under martial law for some stupid government official who thinks he is above the law. The press is all up in arms about protection of the press people (why? should being a press person exempt you from a madman's massacre? How about all the other people? Shouldn't they be spared?) It seems like the media is all up in arms about the killing of several media people, but let's keep it on the human side and say that it's not about what the profession of the people killed but condemn the killing itself.

Second, on the recent furor in Maguindanao. There is this something called martial law.

Well, people are protesting this seemingly well-intentioned declaration to facilitate justice for the murders. Sure, when you're apparently "safe" (that is assuming we are, right Madame President?) here in the cities, it's easy to protest right? But when you've just taken a bullet and lying face down in a ditch somewhere in Maguindanao, I'm sure you'd want the law to put its proverbial giant foot down on somebody, preferably the one who pulled the trigger.

*********************************************

Candidates. Schmandidates.

Off with the lot of you.

People protesting our current president, when they should be looking at who is waiting in the wings. GMA is not that stupid. She won't risk an obvious grab at power since we've proven that the Filipino people are very very powerful when they come together. But it's just that, nobody among the gazillions of Filipinos will satisfy all the others in terms of leadership and good governance.

A really smooth talker politician playing on his rags to riches story (but you're rich now right?), a reluctant son who is riding a colorful family history of leadership, a cutthroat strategist and economist, a prayer rally leader, an unknown who just happens to have a brain and no viable party opponents, and a fat, washed up actor who was once powerful, got overthrown by the Filipino people from whom he obviously stole from (c'mon who are we kidding here right Velarde?) and he wants back in?

And there happens to be this national hero who wants to hurt his stature in Philippine history by meddling in politics just because he has the money, the women, and the fame. Tell me, what actual laws are you planning to pass? You kno?

I might as well run this country myself....

Now there's an idea.....

2 comments:

Ligaya said...

Bad hair day, kuya bri?

Disappointments, frustrations... Look on the bright side -- the "something else" ;-D

bricalz said...

Hehe, one can say that mama gaya.

It's one of those weeks where stuff just pile up.