Monday, January 3, 2011

A Little Bit of Something Each Day

I can't believe I've been away from writing this long. Well, I had more than a couple of things going on and I simply couldn't get away to write up a post here and there. But with the new year comes a new resolve to write more, sing more, live more, not to mention work more, but all in stride. After all, it's always the little things each day that makes up those moments that take your breath away.

SOMETHING SAD

I've written about so many things on this blog, and the seeming nearness of death to us all has always been an easy topic to expound on. With 2 full years of residency under my belt, the losses still matter to me. Most especially when some losses are closer to home. When we lose young patients with so much more to live for, and recently, a friend's mom passed away under our care (my condolences, Ver), I feel, more than anything, the fragile state of our mortality, and that sense makes each morning a better one than yesterday's.

SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO

I've done 2 years of my residency in Internal Medicine and going into the final stretch. It's going to be a heck of a year with seniorship, teaching juniors (that is if I have anything to impart, haha), and conferences and presentations, and hopefully, graduation.

SOMETHING SCARY

In line with the stuff to look forward to, there are exams, oral and written coming up and which I have yet to prepare for.

SOMETHING MUSICAL

I've finished a close friend's wedding song, but I never got to record it or present it at their wedding. Maybe I'll get up and do it once I'm done with all this residency stuff. And, that Christmas love song for you, you've heard. Haha

SOMETHING LOVE-LY
I'm married! Haha

With all these things, come the promise of a new year -- more blogs, more unforgettable moments, more music, less pain, more joy -- and the wish that it's gonna be a whole lot better from here on out.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 comment:

Ligaya said...

a new post! and the promise of a recording! oye! :)