Thursday, May 21, 2009

On The Lighter Side...

In my last conversation with my mom, she said she got scared while reading my last entry, (somebody has to do it, ma) but she also said she had a laugh at the juicy fruit comment. Whoever says that being an ER doctor or any doctor for that matter is a cool, profitable, and easy job, is dead wrong. It often comes to the point of arduous toil, and yeah sure you get some money out of it but not often commensurate to the effort unless you get a really really big practice and it is a big responsibility to have another 's life in your hands, yada yada.

Anyway, I've posted so much about medicine, residency on this blog, I guess I'd like to turn the attention of you who read this blog (however few you guys are, hahaha), to something, well, light...

Like:

Archie finally gets to choose!

Between Betty and Veronica that is. Yup, we all read the strips once or twice, and personally I'm a fan. I read in an article linked on msn.com that publishers are gonna make him choose between girl-next-door Betty Cooper and sophisticated-sassy Veronica Lodge.

I say he really can't go wrong.

And how about:

This guy.

Kris Allen pulls off the ultimate idol upset by upending apparent favorite Adam Lambert for the American Idol crown. Not to take anything away from the cool laid-back sound of Allen whose stylings I can definitely agree with, but I'm thinking there were a whole lot of people who didn't want Adam Lambert to win, than actually voting wholeheartedly for the eventual winner. Personally, I liked Danny Gokey's voice and got to appreciate the sound of Allison Iraheta's voice, but Allen's victory definitely sits well with me.

And finally:



Good night!

Hehe

3 comments:

Ligaya said...

Does Kris Allen's voice sound familiar to you? I really like hearing it, and it sounds faintly familiar, but I can't quite place it.

I'm happy Kris won!! Ako baya jud to gi-absentan hahahaha!

AND I texted you and Tonet right away. Wa gihapon ka kadawat. Heh!

bricalz said...

Haha, I was more for Gokey to win it because of voice alone. Too bad, he didn't have the theatrics of Lambert and schoolboy looks of Allen.

Oh, I picked up on Allen's style and singing right away, he sings like a John Mayer clone.

Eloisa said...

Bri, Archie's always had to choose between betty or veronica...elementary pa ta na. i wonder who he's going to pick.

And about kris allen, i loved his song with tim mcgraw!