Thursday, July 24, 2008

Until After The Boards Then

The board exams are 15 days away as I write this.

There isn't exactly any accurate way to describe what I'm feeling.

Scared. Anxious. Afraid. Bold.

Yes, I have studied hard as well, but I feel that I could be more prepared. Be more ready. But, I've heard endlessly it is truly impossible to be ready for the exams, which I'm inclined to believe is true.

The pressure is there.

The stakes are high.

Uncertainty fogs the next bend in the road I'm on and it's scary.

This is probably going to be my last post until after the boards, with hopefully uhm, a favorable result.

I ask you out there in webland, to please include us in your prayers. Me, Tonett, Ligaya, Jo Anne, Sherwin, Benjo, Chofi, Mel, Aning, Ria, Lei, Nelson, Barbs, Cheyenne, Arnel, Ellan, Tango, Jesi, Carmel, Nats, Macking, Erving, Aura, Tina, April, Domeng, JB, Baki, Tam, Dodong, Teofi, Shobe, Neil Wayne, NeilBac, Jet, Cla-Cla, Rolyn, Maricel, Lugie, Bordacks, Carie, Osang, Jhaphet, Chatie, JoAbs, Lionel, Ruthie, Sheila, Blesil, Shailyn, Amanda, Leslie, Candice, JeaMa, Siao, Pabs, Baby Boi.... (tried to stop Gay, but couldn't, hehe) all of us, to my knowledge, that are taking this August's Boards.

We remember that it's all for Him who made us.

This Examinee's Prayer

Lord, here I am.
I give to you the next chapter of my life,
And hoping to for You to make me Your instrument of healing.

I have gone through the years of school
Read the books and reviewed them
Treated patients in training and internship
And I feel I am ready

Lord, guide my way.
Doubts and fear await on every turn
I have studied my books but the uncertainty is there.
Why does it feel like I know nothing?
But there is a part of me that knows it's there.

Lord, be with me.
Take my hand and lead me.
I don't expect to answer every question right,
Nor for You to give me the answers.

Lord, I only ask for Your presence with me --
In me.
Grant me the presence of mind
To think and remember all that I've read
The clarity to analyze
The faith to decide
The strength to go on

It is in all humility I come before You Lord
To ask for Your grace and forgiveness
I am by no means the perfect Christian
But it is to the best of my abilities,
And part of my utmost desires
To become part of Your healing ministry on Earth.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
Courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

With my friends, we pray to You

Our studies, our exams, our service...

We lift up to You

Amen.

2 comments:

ness said...

Go with God's blessing, Bri.
Study hard and pray harder.
We are all praying and rooting for your success. Hugs to you and company.

Ligaya said...

omigosh! i forgot chatie!!! i knew it! and the others pod, but i can't believe i forgot chatie!!! ako to i-edit... hehehe

great prayer. true true true. and the description of pre-exam feelings...true true true. waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.....

i know it sucks to hear this kay it only adds to the pressure, but then there is such a thing as "the power of positive thinking": kaya mo yan kuya bri! go go go!

(i just gulped down 2 cups of coffee man gud)