Thursday, October 2, 2008

Of Weight, Weddings and W(R)ent

Uggghhh. My right knee is killing me.

Has age finally caught up with me? Am I supposed to be experiencing this at the tender age of 28? Hahaha. My ankles hurt too and often freeze up when I'm in the cold and when I suddenly bear weight.

That's the key word. Weight. I simply have to much of it. I think. Haha, doctors simply make the worst patients. Well, it's definitely not gout because I had my uric acid levels taken days before the pains started a few months ago, and they were all normal.

I can't be having osteoarthritis at 28 can I? Hmm, what about RA or juvenile RA? I hate having to diagnose myself. Hahaha.

So I'm chalking it up to being overweight. Way overweight.

Gone are the days when I was reed-thin. Ask all the people who saw me in high school and they'll tell you I used to be lanky dorky thin.

Gone are the sports I used to indulge in. I eat too much for my 28-year old metabolism to adjust to. Ugghh. I have to get back in shape. The best exercise these days for me is running to a code.

I vow to be in better and healthier shape. My exercise regimen always starts on the same day...tomorrow.

*********************************************************


I saw the movie Rent again today and I still am of the opinion that it is one of the better modern musicals made. Beautiful songs like Seasons of Love, No Day But Today, and I'll Cover You, all meld beautifully in the fabric of the message of the story --that our lives are simply lived better with people around us who share and care and love.

As the musical's flagship song put it, it's all about "measuring life in love."

*********************************************************

To all those who saw the movie "The Notebook" and did not bother to read the actual novel by Nicholas Sparks, are not only missing beautiful parts of the story between Noah Calhoun and Allie Nelson. For one thing, they didn't actually die at the end like how the movie implied they did.

It's one of the more beautiful stories I've ever read (nope, not gay, haha) and I'm not ashamed to say that. But the book is way better than the movie, that I have to proclaim.

Anyway, my cousin is getting married in a few days and after scouring the house and organizing some of my books, I found the sort-of sequel to The Notebook, entitled, The Wedding. It's just as sweet a story but different theme. You should read it -- second and third chances and whatnot, roses, weddings -- love story galore.

I have no part in my cousin's wedding, but a bunch of relatives and my brother is coming home, so it's always great to be in the company of people you care about.

I'll stop ranting now and tend to my aching aching knee.

2 comments:

Ligaya said...

i saw you when you were in high school hahaha. i MUST look for that picture of you and michael frank and pj (was it pj?) in laguna. i remember among isa ka kauban got locked inside their bathroom. i don't remember the details... how exactly do you get locked inside a bathroom? what sort of designer puts locks OUTSIDE a bathroom door? hmmm...

just rambling

bricalz said...

Rambler. Haha. I didn't know what I was doing there in the first place.

I wasn't a scientist like Michael Frank (the guy made it all the way to somewhere after he melted plastic without emissions and made it into artificial coral reefs, seriously) was, and PJ, yup, was PJ.

But I was thin though.

You have one freeeeaky memory Mama Gaya. I can't remember you, but I do remember enjoying the volcanology and seismology talk.