Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Crossed My Mind

It's been a while since I last wrote and a couple of things have crossed my mind since then. I've finished nearly two weeks of residency and well, I'm already stressed out as heck, my calves are aching from tiptoeing through the hospital halls everyday, not wanting to make a mistake, and getting grilled during endorsement.

Gaya says it's masochism with a purpose.

Some thoughts that have crossed my mind have been:

1. Mostly DEPRESSING. I've been thinking about how tired I've been these past two weeks. Still the first two weeks of a three-year residency and still a loooong way to go. It's not going to be a cakewalk through all the consultants' uhm "lectures" and "constructive criticism." Haha, but I'll take them as such. Hopefully I make it.

2. Sometimes FUNNY. Do you guys realize that karaoke or videoke is fun only when all of you who get a shot at the microphone, suck at it? I mean you go out with friends, some drunk, some sober, sing a couple of songs, and here comes someone with Beyonce vocal cords and sings the song right on key, it just defeats the purpose of videoke.

3. At one time INCREDULOUS. Did you know that over 400 doctors a year in the United States die of suicide? And a couple thousand more suffer from some sort of depression.

4. Of MOURNING. My uncle Bobby passed away last week. Despite asking nearly all of my aunts, I still don't know his disease. Rest in peace, Tiyo.

5. PUZZLING. Why did the Pistons trade Chauncey Billups, Antonio McDyess, Cheikh Samb for Allen Iverson? That was before I realized that Rasheed Wallace and Iverson's contracts are up after this season. And we have tons of cap space to sign at least two max contract players! Woohoo. Imagine...a starting lineup of Rodney at PG, Rip Hamilton at SG, Lebron James at SF, Amir Johnson at PF, and Chris Bosh at Center. With a bench of Arron Afflalo, Tayshaun Prince, Walter Sharpe among others. YEAH!

6. Right now SLEEPY. I'm going home now to sleep. Zzzzz.

No comments: